Health & Safety Guidelines
COMMUNITY CLEANUP RESPONSIBILITIES
Keep our neighbourhood clean, but please follow these Health & Safety Procedures:
- Always wear disposable gloves when picking up garbage.
- Use tongs or graspers to pick up garbage. DO NOT use your
- If you find needles or feces, please do not pick up – leave them as is. We will have a separate team of professionals handling all needles and feces in the area.
- Always work in a group for
- Clean sidewalks and alleyways… avoid private
- Note the location of large garbage items (e. furniture, mattresses etc.) or hazardous materials. Report using the VanConnect App or by calling 311.
- Separate all bottles and cans as we will be donating to the Binners’ Project.
- Please drop off all filled garbage bags to assigned locations by 12:00pm. Drop off locations include:
- Trounce Alley (between Cambie and Abbott St)
- 130 Carrall St (outside Guilt & Co)
- If approached/questioned by individuals, explain that you are a GBIS volunteer cleaning up the neighbourhood.
- Direct all cleanup questions to the GBIS
- Text or call Elise (604.809.4099) or Walley (604.816.5917) at any time during the cleanup.
- If you need security assistance or First Aid, please reach out to our Gastown Patrol Team at 604.992.2391. In the case of an emergency, please call 911.
- Posting a photo on Twitter or Instagram? Tag us at @mygastown or by using the #ourgastown
- Please be safe and aware of traffic – and have fun!
Thank you to our community partners:
City of Vancouver | Low Tide Properties | Goodbye Graffiti | tees.ca | Old Spaghetti Factory | Brioche Urban Eatery