In answer, Gastown is getting ready to host their semi-annual Shop Hop event on Thursday, October 15th. More than forty stores will stay open late for the evening event, offering refreshments, music and in-store specials. In short, it’s a chance to mix and mingle with the stylish set while getting great deals on fabulous pieces.
The neighbourhood is known for it’s diverse collection of independent boutiques, each offering a range of exclusive labels and local brands. And when it comes to Shop Hop, they seriously up the ante. The spring event had shoppers rubbing elbows with shopkeepers while eating cotton candy and moving to the beat of more than a couple pop up DJ’s. Its retail therapy in a party atmosphere – seriously, is there anything better?
Ready to Shop Hop? Here are a few tips.
1. Bring a friend…or five. Shop Hop is a social evening that’s best shared. Whether you need a second opinion or someone with a steady hand for the ultimate snap, it’s the perfect excuse for mid-week get-together.
2. Meet up for cocktails. Sure, that other store has a lounge in it, but Gastown has dozens. Get your evening going with appy’s at the bar and some show-stopping concoctions.
3. Don’t leave the boys at home. Gastown has been recognized as a mecca of menswear shops, each carrying a cool array of casual and dapper attire.
4. Remember the basics. Styles change every season, but denim is forever and Gastown’s got you covered. Whether you’re looking for a library of pairs (2000+) or the latest Japanese import, you’ll find a boutique to serve you.
5. Once you’ve shopped, drop. Wind down at one of Gastown’s finest establishments. There are dinner & dessert specials at eleven spots throughout the neighbourhood for Hop-pers to take advantage of. Hit a favourite hangout or try something new!
6. Be seen. Don’t forget to share your #GastownShopHop moments on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Select shots from the evening will be featured on the @MyGastown IG feed.