The streets are alive with the sound of dance, music & shopping.
Every Thursday. 5-7pm (ish).
Gastown Thursday Nights are back for the holiday season. From November 24th to December 22nd a different event will be taking over the streets or storefronts of Gastown. Enjoy live entertanment, late night shopping, and happy hours at select establishments. Every Thursday night.
Lumière Festival Takeover
November 24 | 4-8PM | Maple Tree Square
The re-envisioned Lumière Festival returns November 17-27 with an expanded footprint across Downtown Vancouver to shine a light on local artists and brighten the city. Under this year’s festival theme, Dream the Future, the elements of light, art, and storytelling weave together to redefine winter as a season of inspiration and connection. Festival Dreamers will come together in Gastown on November 24 to celebrate with light, music, art and dance.
December 1 | 5-7PM | Inform Interiors + Throughout Gastown
Inform x Arts Umbrella Interactive Window Installation
East Van Horns Roaming Band
A Contemporary Window Takeover
December 8 | 5-7PM | Centre of International Contemporary Art, Herschel Gastown
CICA Window Takeover
live contemporary music, dancers
Raven’s Hour with Kung Jaadee x Herschel Supply Co.
A Mariachi’s 2 Year Anniversay
December 15 | 5-7PM | Roaming Throughout Gastown
LOS DORADOS MARIACHI BAND
Gastown Marching Band
December 22 | 5-7PM | Roaming Throughout Gastown
EAST VAN HORNS
Free [BONUS] Evo Minutes
December 1 – 22 | 5-7PM
EVO CAR SHARE X GASTOWN THURSDAY NIGHTS
Late Night Shopping
Local Shops in Gastown
*This is your sign to get your holiday shopping done in Gastown.
LOCAL SHOPS & RESTAURANTS IN GASTOWN
- Reform Pilates is offering free consultations to anyone interested in learning more about Pilates. Don’t forget to also check out their end of the year sales!
- Out & About Boutique gives you 10% off when you sign up for their newsletter in store between 5pm to 7 pm.
- Dutil Denim offers a discount as well as a free hem with every pair of jeans and a canvas tote bag!
- At Michelle’s and Vancouver Souvenirs, they offer 10% off all regular priced merchandise for Gastown Thursday Nights.
- If you’re craving something sweet, you can go to Tees.ca on Gastown Thursday Nights. They’ll give away candy canes and goody bags!
- At Coastal Peoples Gallery you can give a gift and get a chance to win one of the 3 giveaways from them! The Gallery is a constant supporter of the Downtown Eastside Women’s Shelter and they help them every holiday season with charitable donations. You can participate too by stopping by the gallery to donate clothing, hygiene items, etc. and in return win great prizes. For example, tickets to the Vancouver Art Gallery. All you have to do is bring your donations to the gallery on the last two Gastown Thursday Nights which will be December 15 and 22!
- There is also a special offer for all the dog lovers on Gastown Thursday Nights! At Wanderruff you can get 15% off your order when you pick it up from their Gastown office – 309 West Cordova St.