The Gastown Grand Prix, one of North America’s most prestigious and famous bike races, is returning on Wednesday, July 12 to celebrate its 50-year anniversary in Gastown. The last edition of the race in 2019 saw over 200 professional men and women representing 10 nations, and over 25,000 spectators.
The following parking restrictions and road closures will be in effect:
ROAD CLOSURES FOR WEDNESDAY, JULY 12TH, 2023
- Water St Partial Closure: 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Water St Full Closure: 12:00pm to 12:00am
- Cordova St from Richards to Carrall: 2:00pm to 10:30pm
- Carrall St from Cordova to Water: 2:00pm to 11:00pm
- Cambie St from Cordova to lane North of Water: 9:00am to 12:00am
- Abbott St from Cordova to Water – 2:00pm to 11:00pm
- Columbia St from Cordova to Powell – 2:00pm to 10:30pm
PARKADE ACCESS – 150 WATER ST & 151 W. CORDOVA ST
- Water St. Access will be closed from 12:00 noon to midnight
- Cordova Street will be closed to traffic at 2:00pm
- Cars will be allowed to exit the Cordova St. exit of the parkade up to 4:00pm.
- YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET YOUR CAR OUT BETWEEN 4:00PM & 11:00PM.
PARKADE ACCESS – 65 W. CORDOVA ST & 450 W. CORDOVA ST
- The Parkade Entrance will be closed from 1:00pm as Cordova closes to traffic at 2:00pm.
- Cars will be allowed to exit the parkade up to 4:00pm only. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET YOUR CAR OUT BETWEEN 4:00PM & 10:30PM. The parkade will be open again at 10:30pm.
- Please be sure to advise your suppliers/customers about the street closures. Deliveries and pickups will be more difficult once Water St. is closed. Please make arrangements to have all deliveries take place before noon on July 12th.
Residents & Businesses who park off the alley North of Water St. (by the tracks) will be able to exit the area from the North Alley via the CP Station underground exit.
Residents will be able to access their parking off the North Alley via Abbott St. until 5:00pm. After 5:00pm there will be no vehicular access to any of the streets on the course until after the races have completed and the roads have been opened.
Note that street repair work will be happening throughout June/July so that the streets are safe for race day.
There will be a new course this year with riders now going all the way east to Columbia on Cordova St then west onto Powell to Water Street, creating the race loop (instead of turning onto Carrall St as they have in past races). See below map.
If you are a business and looking for ways to get involved or have any questions specific to the Grand Prix, please reach out to us at email@example.com.